5ive Songs About the Silver State

This week's playlist was inspired by a recent road trip across the western US states. After searching the net for songs about Nevada or its cities, I discovered there's very little out there, much like the place itself. But the tracks I did find are a true audio bonanza.




By The Time I Get To Nevada (Bill Myers)
Just getting there is an affair in itself and sometimes feels like it's never going to happen. This track fills the space, both sonically and temporally.

Frictional Nevada (Venetian Snares)
Another track with lots of space, but a more ominous, X-Files / Area 51 mood. The mind tends to wander out in the desert.

Road Rash - Sierra Nevada (Analoq)
This track would sync up perfectly with footage of the drive over this winding mountain pass. Unfortunately, I don't have any footage like that as I was too busy staying on the road.

Viva Las Vegas (Elvis Presley)
We drove Interstate 80 and went nowhere near Sin City, but I had to include at least one song by a name artist or no one would listen.

Reno 911! Theme (Reno 911!)
We did drive through the Biggest Little City, however, and happy to report no run-ins with Reno's finest.

No comments: