5ive Songs For Avril

Springtime means changes in the weather and with it comes showers, wildflowers and taxes. What a wonderful time of year.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Taxman (Ruder Than You)
It's that time of year again to drag out one of my favorite Beatles songs (because it was written by my favorite Beatle George). But I'm also a big fan of cover versions that make the originals sound new again.

I'd Love to Change the World (fous de la mer)
It's 40 years after this Ten Years After song and there's only one cover version? I picked this song because "skies are sunny, bees make honey" not the "don't know what to do, so I leave it up to you" part.

Changes (Los Chicros)
As long as we're talking about change, what better track than David Bowie's? Again, this cover is like a whole new song you've heard a thousand times before.

Cheese & Onions (The Rutles)
Don't take any of it too seriously and enjoy your life no matter what changes come your way.

Pickin' Wildflowers (Keith Anderson)
Springtime is also a good time to get outdoors and do fun activities (and make sure to bring a camera).

hear the also-rans at Playlist.com/MultimediaJones

No comments: