5ive Songs: Apr 2010

Didn't get a chance to post a playlist for March because I was too busy getting ready for my move to Texas. Now that I'm here, I can reflect back on the songs that helped with the transition (and 1800 mile drive).


Get a playlist! Standalone player


Texas (Chris Rea)
How bad do things have to be where you're at for you to fantasize about Texas? I guess because I'm from here I hold no illusions and just love it for what it is.

Waltz Across Texas (Ernest Tubb)
Driving across Texas is hard enough, so it must be real love to waltz across it for someone who is important to you.

Come Back to Texas (Bowling For Soup)
I still don't know why this band isn't more popular, but I'm grateful for them anyway. They cover all the bases on why this state is so special to so many people.

Texas Bound & Flyin' (Jerry Reed)
Felt just like Bandit from the Burt Reynolds movie pulling heavy metal across the southwest at 75mph. (Technically, this song's title is 'East Bound & Down' but I never hear him sing it. Whatever.)

Take It Easy (The Eagles)
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.

Listen to more at www.Playlist.com/MultimediaJones

No comments: