5ive Songs for the Holidays

I'm not necessarily trying to be politically correct when I say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas." I do it because there's too many other great holidays going on at this time of year. I for one am looking forward to Solstice, when the northern hemisphere starts tilting back toward the sun. Season's Greetin's!


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


A Whiter Shade of Pale (Procol Harum)
This pipe organ always made me think of Christmas music, even though it has nothing to do with the holiday season.

Hallelujah (Shrek)
Semi-religious song I heard on the first Shrek movie. Now I hear it on every TV drama. It's Rufus Wainwright doing a Leonard Cohen song.

Imagine (John Lennon)

One (U2)
I'm surprised more people haven't covered this. Nothing holiday specific, but still a pretty good tune any time of year.

I Don't Believe You (Pink)
This one has nothing at all to do with the holidays, it's just stuck in my head.

No comments: