5ive Songs About Five Dogs

I've been spending a lot of time with my brother and his dogs, so this month's playlist is dedicated to them.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


Come Out and Play (Richard Cheese)
Two of the three females are in season right now, so we've had to "keep them separated" just like in this Offspring tune. Except I never knew the lyrics until I heard this lounge version and realize it's about gang activity. Oh well, still appropriate, I guess.

James Bond Theme (Moby)
James is one of the puppies from their first litter who is now almost two years old. Much like his namesake, he's shakin' but never stirred.

White Sandy Beach of Hawai'i (Israel Kamakawiwo‘ole)
Sandy is the lucky(?) female not in season, so she gets to play with the boys. But they've only got one thing on their minds. So here's a romantic little ditty by everyone's favorite ukulele player.

Believe in Heaven (Detective Loki)
Loki is the Norse god of mischief and most songs about him are classical music (boring). The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok is a character from a Japanese manga (graphic novel) and anime series with a much cooler theme song.

Fields of Joy (Four Shadow)
Mudita is a Sanskrit word meaning rejoicing in others' joy. I didn't find any songs with that title, but plenty with (and without) Joy. And this Lenny Kravitz cover is my favorite.

Mikado (Passenger 10)
There's six songs this time because I almost overlooked Mika, which is very easy to do with this elusive beauty.

Listen to the full playlist at www.Playlist.com/MultimediaJones

No comments: